Things to Keep in Mind when Hiring Pergola Builders
Are you thinking about hiring pergola builders? A pergola can add an instant appeal to any outdoor space. Not only does it make your place looks welcoming but can add a certain depth and dimension to it as well. However, if you do decide to hire someone to custom build a pergola in your home, there are certain things you need to keep in mind.
Ask to take a look at their portfolio
Most pergola builders would be happy to show you the kind of structures they have designed for previous clients. When you take a look at their portfolio you can get a good idea of the kind of work they can do. What’s more, you could even find a design which you actually like and then customise it according to your taste. You might eventually find a design which actually appeals to you.
Is there anyone in the neighbourhood who have recently had a pergola designed or built for their home? If yes, do you like what you see? If you do, simply ask them to give you a reference regarding the people who have built it. This way you get to see first-hand the kind of work a pergola builder in Adelaide has done. Also, ask the people if they are satisfied with the kind of service they got?
Have a meeting first
So you have finally settled upon the pergola builders you would be hiring. It’s time to have a talk with them and see if they are the right people for the job. Make sure you ask the following questions during the meeting.
- Ask them to show you a few examples of designs and varieties which they can design for your home?
- Make sure o=to show them a picture of your outdoor space and tell them its dimensions as well. See if they could come up with an idea.
- Also, let them know why you are interested in having a pergola designed for your home. Whether you want a quiet space and arbour which allow you to enjoy the great outdoors or you are looking for something which offers immediate shade and protection from the elements.
- Get a rough estimate. Though the costs may go up and down depending on the design and the kind of material used. A wooden pergola looks beautiful but it could cost you more than a metal one. Choose wisely and within your budget.
- Let them know if you have a specific design or idea in mind. Make sure you also listen to their advice because they can offer you the best one based on the experience and expertise.
- Last but not the least let them know if you want the pergola built within a certain time period. Perhaps you have an occasion coming up and would like to have the pergola designed well before it. Letting them know your time requirements helps avoid confusions and surprises later on.